Tuesday, October 23, 2012

He's here!


I am pleased to introduce the reason for my absence from the blogosphere: our son, Tyler Jonathan. 

He arrived October 9, 2012, at 5:40 pm. He was 8 pounds 15 ounces, 21 inches long. 

At his one week check-up, he had already surpassed his birth weight. 

We are all doing great, sleep deprived of course, but doing great. I did not get the natural childbirth I was hoping for (though not for lack of trying - I was in labor for about 16 hours before we decided to go with a cesarean) but in the end, all that really matters is that mom and baby come out healthy. 

Needless to say, I have not been doing much cooking. We have been blessed with family and friends who have brought us lots of delicious meals. We've received a stash of Dream Dinners, Papa Murphy's Take-n-Bake pizza, homemade casseroles, and pasta dishes, including a great Chicken Tetrazzini recipe by Giada De Laurentiis. It was prepared up through the second to last step, so all we had to do was transfer the contents to a baking dish, top with bread crumbs and bake. 

I'm hoping to get back to cooking and blogging soon, but meanwhile, I'm going to relax and enjoy my new little bundle. 


I am so excited for him to start using the Very Hungry Caterpillar / Eric Carle themed nursery I set up for him as well!



5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your little one! He is handsome! And has a pretty awesome birthday. I should know because it's mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Robyn. A sweet and handsome boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Little baby boys are the best! Tyler is beautiful, and I wish you all well. Love the nursery too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...